Angela is a middle school science teacher in Portland, Oregon and she teaches students aged 13-14, in 8th Grade (UK = Year 9). Angela talks a little about her background, what got her into teaching, and the district in which she teaches, which is one of great diversity. She describes the sudden switch to distant learning last March as, “We were not just flying the plane as we were still building it, we were designing the plane, building it, and trying to fly it in the sky at the same time” We talk about many of the challenges that she has faced as a teacher, with many responsibilities (Angela is a mother of 2 children) in addition to teaching her students; and the challenges faced by the students and how some have become disengaged.
- The Gig Economy: Find out How Freelancing is Changing Your Future of Work
- Freelance vs. Side Hustle: How to Decide Which One is Right for You
- 30 Facts about The Freelance Economy that Might Surprise You: A Look at the Statistics
- 30 Interesting Freelance or Side Hustle Jobs you can start in 2023
- The Role of Technology in the Freelance Economy: How Wedo is Supporting Freelancers and Businesses